Throughout the following 22 years a variety of job positions have been held and taken up within the Smit Lloyd and Smit International organisation such as chief officer, captain, marine superintendent, salvage commercial logistics officer, supply vessel contracts and area manager, towmaster and project management assistance.
Experience was gained in the fields of:
- General vessel handling during supply duties
- Towage (short and long haul)
- (Marine) Installation projects
- Newbuilding assistance
- Superintendency over fleet units in countries such as China PRC, Angola, Scotland
- Contract management, contract negotiations, marketing and business development.
- Project preparation and execution (inclusive of compilation of procedures/hazid-hazop meetings)
- Vessel inspections/audits
From 1998 onwards experience was further enhanced within a position as dedicated Towmaster for Messrs OMC bv with special emphasis to rigmoving of jackups and semisubmersible type drilling rigs or accomodation units and continued involvement in marine installation projects. In 2007 this work continues as independent provider of marine services.